Registered Nurse – Pre-Op
Full time position 6:30am-3pm
Same Day SurgiClinic’s Mission: to provide our patient with the best quality of surgical care with convenience, cooperation, efficiency, and cost effectiveness in a comfortable and pleasant outpatient environment.
The pre-operative nurse is responsible for the definition of a complete nursing plan for the care of the patient on the day of the procedure. Significant problems which might adversely affect the implementation of the plan should be reported to the Clinical Coordinator responsible for the relevant phase of care (Pre-Op, OR, RR).
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Must have a current license to practice in Massachusetts.
- Two years’ experience as a staff nurse
- Be flexible with the hours: Work to accommodate patient and physician’s needs (e.g., afternoon block time, rescheduling of patients due to surgery schedule, same-day add-ons).
- Possess an exceptional capacity for compassion and patience in dealing with a very difficult, demanding patient population.
- Skilled in Phlebotomy.
- Current BCLS certification (ACLS & PALS preferred).
General Performance: In addition to understanding and supporting the mission of the Same Day SurgiClinic, all profession RNs on staff shall:
1. Recognize the psychological, physiological, and surgical needs of each patient and respond with appropriate plan of nursing care
2. Participate fully in patient/family teaching and respect patient’s rights
3. Maintain a safe working environment
4. Be flexible and adaptable to the demands of an ever-changing and sometimes unpredictable perioperative workplace
5. Relate in a supportive and positive manner to other members of the staff nursing, and to the office and medical staff
6. Use proper communication channels and refer problems to the Director of Nurses when appropriate
7. Complete assignments accurately and adapt easily to changes in workload and schedule
8 Participate fully in the Quality Assurance Program and assist in the development and revision of policies and procedures to improve the delivery of care in the facility
9. Be efficient and economical in the utilization of supplies and equipment.
10. Dispense and manage medications accordance with facility policies.
11. Assist in the orientation of new employees.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements of Job:
- Physically demanding job, requiring standing, and walking for extended periods of time.
- Lifting and carrying items weighting up to 50lbs.
- Exposure to blood, body fluids, communicable disease, chemicals, and repetitive motion.
- Full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients.
Full time position during regular business hours. Some overtime and weekends may be necessary.