Central Supply/Receiving Technician
Apply Online. Submit Resume here.
FT/PT Monday- Friday start time varies
Same Day SurgiClinic’s Mission: to provide our patient with the best quality of surgical care with convenience, cooperation, efficiency, and cost effectiveness in a comfortable and pleasant outpatient environment.
Decontaminate surgical instruments and endoscopes. Prepare, sterilize, and package surgical instruments. Decontaminate equipment as assigned and distribute medical and surgical supplies. Maintain proper documentation and perform other duties as assigned within the scope of position. Manage the Central Supply/Receiving area to function as a synergistic, harmonious, and productive entity. To fulfill the goals and contribute to the overall purpose and objectives of the surgicenter.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be experienced or have two years’ experience in central supply.
- CST Certification preferred
- A working knowledge of sterilization procedures, and equipment management is preferred.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of accuracy is essential.
- Excellent communication skills, record keeping, and documentation skills are required.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements of Job:
- Physically demanding job, requiring standing, and walking for extended periods of time.
- Lifting and carrying items weighting up to 50lbs.
- Exposure to blood, body fluids, communicable disease, chemicals, and repetitive motion.
- Full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients.
- Working irregular hours.
- Performs routine maintenance to instruments and equipment according to manufacturers’ directions.
- Inspects instruments for proper functioning before sterilization.
- Removes broken or malfunctioning instrument from inventory – reports same to Clinical Nurse Administrator.
- Maintains awareness of safety hazards and use of equipment to prevent damage to personnel and patients.
Full time position during regular business hours. Some overtime and weekends may be necessary.