Registered Nurse – OR
Apply Online. Submit Resume here.
Full time position 7am-3:30pm
Same Day SurgiClinic’s Mission: to provide our patient with the best quality of surgical care with convenience, cooperation, efficiency, and cost effectiveness in a comfortable and pleasant outpatient environment.
The operating room RN is responsible for the care and safety of the patient in the operation room. The operation room RN overseers the running of the OR in accordance with established federal, state and accreditation standards. The operating room RN ensures that all necessary equipment and instrumentation is available and organize case carts for upcoming procedures. The OR RN ensures that all members of the perioperative teams adheres to the Universal Protocol policy. Other duties include cleaning and disinfecting of OR rooms, assisting with pre-op calls and or other administrative tasks.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Must have a current license to practice in Massachusetts.
- Current BCLS certification (ACLS & PALS preferred).
- Two years’ experience as a staff nurse, OR experience preferred
- CNOR preferred
- Skilled in Phlebotomy.
- Be flexible with the hours: Work to accommodate patient and physician’s needs (e.g., afternoon block time, rescheduling of patients due to surgery schedule, same-day add-ons).
- Possess an exceptional capacity for compassion and patience in dealing with a very difficult, demanding patient population.
General Performance: In addition to understanding and supporting the mission of the Same Day SurgiClinic, all profession RNs on staff shall:
1. Recognize the psychological, physiological, and surgical needs of each patient and respond with appropriate plan of nursing care
2. Participate fully in patient/family teaching and respect patient’s rights
3. Maintain a safe working environment
4. Be flexible and adaptable to the demands of an ever-changing and sometimes unpredictable perioperative workplace
5. Relate in a supportive and positive manner to other members of the staff nursing, and to the office and medical staff
6. Use proper communication channels and refer problems to the Director of Nurses when appropriate
7. Complete assignments accurately and adapt easily to changes in workload and schedule
8 Participate fully in the Quality Assurance Program and assist in the development and revision of policies and procedures to improve the delivery of care in the facility
9. Be efficient and economical in the utilization of supplies and equipment.
10. Dispense and manage medications accordance with facility policies.
11. Assist in the orientation of new employees.
(C) At the completion of the procedure: The circulating nurse will carry out the following functions:
1. Complete and sign the OR record.
2. Assist the anesthesiologist in getting the patient off the OR table and onto a Recovery room stretcher.
3. Transport the patient with the anesthesiologist to the RR.
4. In association with the anesthesiologist, gives a report to the RR nurse on the patient’s status:
– procedure performed
– type of anesthesia
– fluid intake and loss
– allergies and sensitivities
– physical or psychological impairments, prosthesis
– any untoward problems in the OR
– status with respect to dressings and drains
– significant medical problems
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements of Job:
- Physically demanding job, requiring standing, and walking for extended periods of time.
- Lifting and carrying items weighting up to 50lbs.
- Exposure to blood, body fluids, communicable disease, chemicals and repetitive motion.
- Frequent exposure to biological, chemical, and environmental elements including infectious waste, anesthetic agents, vapors, solvents, solutions, sterilizers and electrical.
- Full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients.
- Working irregular hours.
Full time position during regular business hours. Some overtime and weekends may be necessary.