Surgical Technologist – Scrub Tech
Apply Online. Submit Resume here.
Same Day SurgiClinic’s Mission: to provide our patient with the best quality of surgical care with convenience, cooperation, efficiency, and cost effectiveness in a comfortable and pleasant outpatient environment.
To assist the surgeon and circulating nurse in providing an optimal intraoperative surgical environment and to strive to fulfill the surgicenter’s goal of providing the best possible care to patients undergoing ambulatory surgery procedures.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be certified or have two years’ experience in the operating room.
- Eye surgery experience preferred
1. Maintains a safe working environment; safety, skill and efficiency are reflected in action.
2. Is flexible and adaptable to the demands of an ever-changing and sometimes unpredictable
3. Relates in a supportive and positive manner to other members of the surgical team. Tack and
understanding is demonstrated in dealing with other facility personnel, medical staff, and vendors.
4. Is self-motivated and interested in learning new processes and procedures.
5. Participates in appropriate in-services and maintains skills. Assists in the orientation of new
6. Uses proper communication channels and refers unusual problems to the Director of Nurses.
7. Completes assignments accurately and adapts easily to changes in workload and schedule.
8. Assists in the development and revision of policies and procedures for the operating room.
9. Efficient, economical utilizing of supplies and equipment is demonstrated.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements of Job:
- Physically demanding job, requiring standing, and walking for extended periods of time.
- Lifting and carrying items weighting up to 50lbs.
- Exposure to blood, body fluids, communicable disease, chemicals and repetitive motion.
- Full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients.
- Working irregular hours.
- Performs routine maintenance to instruments and equipment according to manufacturers’ directions.
- Inspects instruments for proper functioning before sterilization.
- Removes broken or malfunctioning instrument from inventory – reports same to Clinical Nurse Administrator.
- Maintains awareness of safety hazards and use of equipment to prevent damage to personnel and patients.
Full time position during regular business hours. Some overtime and weekends may be necessary.