Patient Care Technician
FT/PT position 7am-3:30pm
Same Day SurgiClinic’s Mission: to provide our patient with the best quality of surgical care with convenience, cooperation, efficiency, and cost effectiveness in a comfortable and pleasant outpatient environment.
To provide clerical and basic patient care under the direct supervision of the nursing staff. Having this broad skill set enable them to assist with patient services as well as administrative tasks. A patient care technician offers a unique combination of skills to support doctors and nurses as they care for patients.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Current BLS
- Training in phlebotomy, preferred
- Medical terminology or surgical knowledge preferred
- Good organizational skills
- Bi-lingual desirable
- Prompt and reliable
- Committed to treating patients with dignity and respect
- Must always maintain all policies of confidentiality and use discretion surrounding agency information and management issues.
- Answers phones
- Putting patient charts together
- Putting discharge instruction packets together
- Dissembling charts after discharge
- Faxing MD orders under RN supervision
- Patient Care
- Greet clients in a warm, professional manner.
- Helping with admissions and discharge of patients under the direct supervision of the nursing staff.
- Help patients to restrooms.
- Obtaining vital signs or EKG and reporting results to nursing staff.
- Obtaining blood glucose level under the direction supervision of the nursing staff.
- Obtaining patient urine UCG, and toxicology testing and disposal under the direct supervision of the nursing staff.
- Helping with OR room set-up and turnovers.
- Obtain proper dressing supplies for patient on discharge.
- Stocking rooms daily and checking supplies
- Assisting the OR with room turnovers and setups.
- Properly disinfecting stretchers, chairs, bedside tables and monitors.
- Changing wall suction containers and/or needle boxes as needed
- Remove linen/trash from recovery room and bringing it to the proper receptacle.
- Helping central with restocking facility with supplies as needed.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements of Job:
- Physically demanding job, requiring standing, and walking for extended periods of time.
- Lifting and carrying items weighting up to 50lbs.
- Exposure to blood, body fluids, communicable disease, chemicals and repetitive motion.
- Full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients.
- Working irregular hours.
- Lifting and carrying items weighting up to 50lbs
Full time position during regular business hours. Some overtime and weekends may be necessary.